Monday, October 30, 2006

Smiles All Around


Similar sentiments stated in various ways...

It's easy to grin
When your ship comes in
And you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile,
Is the man who can smile,
When his shorts are too tight in the seat.
- Judge Smails

I want to be remembered as the girl who always smiles even when her heart is broken. And the one that could always brighten up your day even if she couldn't brighten her own. - Anonymous

'Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
When life flows along like a song;
But the man worth while is the one who will smile
When everything goes dead wrong.
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. - Thich Nhat Hanh

S M I L E
Words by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons
Music by Charlie Chaplin

(I've been attempting to smile despite some tough situations today. It would have been easier to do if Blogger hadn't had technical difficulties all day long!)

2 comments:

Sandy-san said...

I want to be remembered as the girl who always smiles even when her heart is broken. And the one that could always brighten up your day even if she couldn't brighten her own. - Anonymous

I could have penned this.

I hope your evening is better, Sister Michelle... (((hugs)))

Dani said...

I love that one best too!

I'll be praying for you, for whatever it is and hoping that things look up soon.