Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Office Supplies for My Office Space

Just thought I would show you one of the things that my brother and sister-in-law gave me for my birthday: this extremely shiny, extremely heavy, extremely useful paperweight. (See all of the papers I'm trying to keep down on my desk?) Ketra told me that there's no deep meaning behind what is printed on the weight, but I've been trying to do well with the little things all day. And, I accomplished quite a bit... and the big things seemed to go well too. So, I think the paperweight has worked out wonderfully so far. It was quite the conversation piece with my co-workers today. And, as was pointed out several times, it will serve well as a self-defense tool. Let me stress this once again: Extremely heavy.

Of course, I couldn't help but show off another feature of my new office space: my red Swingline stapler. I use it to staple the cover sheets to my TPS reports each morning....usually from nine to eleven when I'm listening to my radio which is set at a reasonable volume.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Have fun with Milton today and say hello to the Bobs for me. ;)

(That's one of my favorite movies, for sure!)

Kelly Spezzano said...

"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..." (in my best Milton voice)

I can imagine that paperweight coming in handy in the midst of some office battle over a piece of cake! :)

Dani said...

Abernathy girls write about red shoes and you write about one neat looking red stapler. Today must be a red day or something.

Michael Engelhardt said...

It's definitely important for your desk to have some pieces of flair.

Anonymous said...

A red Swingline. That's fantastic.

Blake Mitchell said...

Everytime I see that same kind of stapler, it always reminds me of the movie "Office Space" and its entertaining scenes. Another thing, I wanna have that same paperweight you have right now, since it looks totally solid and the engraving is pretty inspiring.