Monday, August 11, 2008

Going Bananas

I went out to run an errand during my "lunch hour". When stopped at a red light, I looked to the right to see a very large man eating something. I did a double take to make sure I saw what I thought I saw: a mini banana.

Have you seen the mini bananas? This is only the second time I have seen one. I hear they are sold at Walmart, and they crack me up. I can just imagine a little mini monkey eating a little mini banana. So, it especially took me by surprise to see a big football-player-type man eating this itty bitty delicious and natural snack.

The first time I saw one was a few months ago... right around the time of Miss Rian Elizabeth's birthday. (See rubber ducky cake on the counter in the background.) Little Abi and I had just enjoyed some play time in the back yard. (See dirt on her face.) And, after welcoming us in for a drink, Jeff asked her if she wanted a banana. Little did I know it was going to be an Abi-sized banana.

Have you seen these in the stores?

These mini bananas lead me to think about delicious mini donuts... which leads me to think of the mini donuts sold at the Illinois State Fair... which leads me to think of Saturday when I spent time with my family in Springfield... which leads me to tell you that I hope to post some pictures from the trip in the next few days.

3 comments:

Gary B. said...

I've seen them here, we would get the whole big bunch with about a hundred little four inch bannanas on them. However, they are so sweet you don't want to eat more than a few of them. After that you can't go back to the other bannanas either.

strem said...

Gary, thanks for the insight. I should have tasted one. I didn't realize there was a difference in the sweetness!

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I have nothing against little bananas, but why not just buy the bigger ones? They'd be more filling.