As of 11:00 pm central time this evening, benefits open enrollment is complete, and I'm hoping to return to my usual schedule. I haven't been able to post very often. At the same time, besides being at work and sleeping, there hasn't been much happening about which to write. Still, I hope to pick up with the posting in the next week.
To get started, I thought I'd follow Other Mother's lead and post her meme. These little quizzes make me chuckle - as they are usually created by and for teenagers... and I don't exactly know how to answer certain questions.
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night? I made myself laugh.
2. What were you doing at 0800? Pulling into the parking lot at work.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Rushing to get to the hotel after a short nap.
4. What happened to you in 2006? I would say the most significant things that happened last year were some major shifts in beliefs. It was a big time of exploring, and I read and read and read. I also joined the St. Louis Shape Note/Sacred Harp group and tried to return to a lot of hobbies that I had dropped in the busy-ness of leaving Indianapolis.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud? I found myself singing a hymn... which is pretty much a constant.
6. How many beverages did you have today? Orange juice, diet coke, lots of ice water.
7. What color is your hairbrush? Black and silver
8. What was the last thing you paid for? Over $45 for gas. I pray the price goes back down soon.
9. Where were you last night? Right here at the hotel.
10. What color is your front door? As my neighbors say, "lemon lime green"... which matches my shutters.
11. Where do you keep your change? In my billfold, in the pocket with a broken zipper. A new wallet is long overdue. Guess I need to save up my change.
12. What’s the weather like today? Sunny and surprisingly warm.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? I love vanilla.
14. What excites you? Lately? The opportunity for a nap. :)
15. Do you want to cut your hair? Yes, a haircut is also long overdue. As of this morning, I have an appointment set.
16. Are you over the age of 25? Yes, even though I don't feel like it.
17. Do you talk a lot? If you know me, you know the answer. But, I'm doing it less and less these days.
18. Do you watch the O.C.? No. Never have.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? Yes, many.
20. Do you make up your own words? Yes, as often as possible.
21. Are you a jealous person? Not usually. But, I'm sure it is one of the many sins I commit.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter 'A'. My brother Aaron is my friend. My "niece" Abi is my friend. Those are the first two of many that came to mind.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Other Mother posted this first, and she's my friend.
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? My cousin David.
25. What does the last text message you received say? It's from my friend John, and I shouldn't repeat it.
26. Do you chew on your straw? I hardly use a straw to sip (I'd rather chug), so I rarely unwrap them to chew on them. If anything, I twist them up so someone else can flick them and make them pop.
27. Do you have curly hair? Enough so that it is right between curly and straight... which means it is just frizzy.
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? Home to my house.
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? I have no idea. I'd rather not try to figure that out.
30. What was the last thing you ate? A veggie burrito from Qdoba.
31. Will you get married in the future? I pray God will bless me with marriage, but I have no idea. I wouldn't ever want to get married just to get married.
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? I saw part of Babe again the other day. I never get tired of it.
33. Is there anyone you like right now? Sure, and I hope to pass them a note during study hall. (Just joking.)
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Wednesday evening, and I have a ton more to do that are waiting for me at home on the counter.
35. Are you currently depressed? Nope. Pretty hopeful.
36. Did you cry today? Yes, during a deep discussion with a co-worker.
37. Why did you answer and post this? Because I thought I'd join in the fun with Other Mother.
Let me know if you post this on your blog.