Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ahoy, Maties!

It's that time once again...International Talk Like A Pirate Day! You may remember that we celebrated last year... both in the office and with friends.

This year, I asked my co-workers to come up with a pirate name - most of which are being displayed proudly on our doors and outside our cubicles today. Then, I hid some treasure in the office. And, I circulated a quiz which should lead the salty dogs to the booty. With just a few minutes of internet research, you should be able to determine the final clue which will lead you to the treasure. Virtual foil covered chocolate dubloons to anyone who figures out where I hid the gold.

(The blanks indicate how many letters are in each word of the answer. The corresponding numbers indicate the position of that particular letter in the final clue at the bottom.)

1. When people see me flying atop a boat, they know my men are pirates. Arrrrrgh!
__ __ __ __ __
__ __ __ __ __
(Next to last blank = 8, last blank = 14)

2. I hear people say Captain Morgan is a popular fellow, but what is my first name?
__ __ __ __ __
(First blank = 2, Fourth blank = 6)

3. You may know me by my nickname ‘Black Bart.’
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
(Fourth blank = 9, Ninth blank = 11)
__ __ __ __ __ __ __
(Third blank = 12, Seventh blank = 1)

4. After serving as Captain of the ship ‘Adventure Galley’, I was tried in a controversial case within English Parliament and sentenced to hanging.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __
(Second blank = 10, Seventh blank = 7)
__ __ __ __
(Second blank = 3)

5. I was called the ‘Gentleman Pirate’, and I was one of the few that actually made my prisoners walk the plank.
__ __ __ __ __
(First blank = 15)
__ __ __ __ __ __
(Fifth blank = 5)

6. Known for my intense cruelty and lack of respect for the pirate code, I sailed the ship ‘Ranger’ and was hung at Gallows Point.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __
(Sixth blank = 13)
__ __ __ __
(First blank = 4)

CLUE TO LEAD YOU TO THE TREASURE:
You will find me booty where I would...
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15!

No comments: