Monday, September 24, 2007

Finally, The Farm Visit

After a long wait because of weather and crazy schedules, we were finally able to travel to the home of the Tilton Family and visit Higher Calling Farm. We had a wonderful time getting to know Tori, Tim and their children and seeing their many animals. I hope to visit again soon and learn how to make soap. They are a godly family, diligently seeking the Lord, and our visit was so very encouraging. I am thankful to have met these new friends. Here are some highlights from Saturday afternoon. Animals, animals everywhere!

There were MANY goats on the farm. Lydia made a special friend, while Coconut (by the fence) became my buddy. She was a beauty!

Amos was a funny little horse. He had only one thing on his mind. (EATING!) So when I got too close with my camera, he promptly told me to BACK OFF!












Farther out in the pasture, we met T-Bone and Chuck. "T-Bone will soon be processed," Tori clearly explained.
Then we were greeted by the little guy I was so anxious to meet. Happy Jack wasn't as friendly at first as I was hoping. But, when he (incorrectly) thought he was going to be fed, he came up close so the girls could pet him.
Here are the chicken pens that the family uses for the chickens they sell. Every day, they move the grazing pens so the chickens will have new grass to eat. Our kind hostess, Leah, shows us one up close.












Tressa had to work up some courage to move closer but liked the chicken very much after petting it. On the way back to the barns, we were able to visit Spot and his buddies in the rabbit hutch.

These kittens are two of the 25 (or more) on the farm. Here are the young turkeys who are also being raised for meat.

Here are three day old and ten day old chicks who will eventually be moved out to the pens in the pasture.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of the many beautiful brooding hens, and the peacocks weren't seen all day. Maybe during the next visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't want to nag you about it, but I wondered if you were ever going to get to the farm. I am udderly thrilled that you finally got to go.

Piano Man