Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Música Fantástica

After I arrived at home late last night, I surfed the channels a bit to try to find some music to listen to before going to bed. I usually find some peaceful symphony music or something that will help me unwind from the day. While I was flying by The Late Show with David Letterman, I heard that a guitar duo would be playing after the commercial break. So, I decided to stay through the break to see what the group was all about.

I was mezmerized and immediately fell in love with the music of Rodrigo y Gabriela. Their self-titled CD was released in October, and I plan to buy it as soon as possible. I cannot fully explain the fusion that this duo has between rock and flamenco. I can only try to persuade you to check them out. I believe that neither of these clips does them justice - especially in showing their playing up close as they were shown on The Late Show. But, he's great at quick finger work, while she adds exciting strumming and beating rhythms throughout the songs. They made their American TV debut on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson back in October, and you can see that clip here.

Or, you can view this version of Diablo Rojo (below) or many other performances at youtube.com.



If I can find a copy of the Late Show performance from last night, I will try to post it as soon as possible.

2 comments:

Dani said...

wow, when you find it, let me know, so I can get me a copy.

Sandy-san said...

Fantastic! Very beautiful guitar work...