Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Olives Stuffed With This Stuff

First of all, I've missed all of you bloggers and commenters.

Secondly, we had a discussion at church a week or two ago about pimento (or pimiento). Now, I know some of you are gourmet chefs, so please don't scold us for our ignorance. But, we didn't know exactly what pimento was. I had guessed it was some kind of red pepper and... it turns out that guess was correct.

From dictionary.com:
pi·mien·to [pi-myen-toh, pi-men-toh]
1. the ripe, red, mild-flavored fruit of the sweet or bell pepper, Capsicum annuum, used as a vegetable, relish, to stuff olives, etc.

Thirdly, I've REALLY missed all of you bloggers and commenters.

7 comments:

lydia said...

First: We've really missed you too!

Second: I've thought about this issue several times since discussing it at church. I'm glad to have confirmation on the answer.

Elizabeth said...

I think I would have guessed the same as you about the pimentos. Actually, I wouldn't have bothered to think about them because I really don't like pimentos - especially pimento cheese!

I can't tell you how much I've missed you in the last few weeeks. I was thinking just today, "Man, she's goin to have a lot of catching up to do - if she ever comes back" But back you are and I'm sufficed. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, welcome back. Life gets busy so it's completely understandable when a blogger disappears from time to time.

Dani said...

Missed you too!

Owl of the Desert said...

Yes, yes, we've missed you, too!

And, I never knew Olives were stuffed with anything. I guess I thought an olive was just...an olive. Good to know.

Kelly Spezzano said...

"Yuck!" to the pimento and Olive subject :) and I am so glad you are back! I missed your thoughts and insights!

strem said...

Glad I wasn't the only one to know for sure! :)