Thursday, April 19, 2007

Adopt A US Soldier

I have been blessed to be involved in the "Adopt A US Soldier" program, and the experience has been very rewarding. Heartfelt, thankful notes from our service men and women have expressed deep gratitude for anything I've sent, and, sometimes, I think I've received more benefit from the program than they have.

The Adopt A US Soldier site wrote me a note today with a plea for me to sign up for more troops and to please encourage others to sign up on their site. If this is something you'd be interested in - helping and supporting a soldier by sending them some snacks and memories from the US - please go to www.adoptaussoldier.org for more information.

The site's plea also included these statements: We are getting more and more soldiers that are signing up to be adopted. As you know, our service men & women are having their tours extended for another 3 months for a total of 15 months of service in a war zone. We know that your e-mail, “snail-mail”, packages and other communications make the soldiers day when they come back to their barracks at the end of their shift. We thank you again for your continued support of our soldiers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

strem: I can't believe you never told me you were in the adopt a solider program. I can not express to you or anyone else reading your blog how very important this is to our troops. I have been told first hand how much anything that comes from the US means to these men and women. It gives them courage and more importantly they know there is a reason " US" for whom they are fighting.

Not sure all understand how much this means to OUR men and women.

Thanx Strem

alan

Dani said...

I think I will do this. I remember how encouraged my uncle was when he was over there to hear from all of us.