Wednesday, April 18, 2007

10 mph

A few years ago, I was notified of a special opportunity - one where I could see some of the inner workings of a documentary film. I signed up to receive regular emails from two gentlemen, Hunter and Josh, who had given up their 9 to 5 jobs and trek across country on a segway. The estimated rate of speed on the segway was 10 mph. Therefore, their film was named 10 mph, and they saw the country in an extremely unique way: SLOWLY. They met with ordinary individuals and extraordinary individuals, saw barns and skyscrapers, and traversed through the sweltering heat and pouring rain. State by state, county by county, country road by country road.










Photos from Segway LLC web site: www.segway.com

Unfortunately, I was out of town when they hit St. Louis. And, once they crossed over into Illinois, the team was busy meeting up with old classmates from nearby Principia College. But, I've kept in touch, sent little notes of encouragement, and have enjoyed receiving press releases along the way. The documentary has been viewed and reviewed at many independent film festivals, and it is now available for purchase.

I have not seen the film YET. But, I've seen a few trailers and many photos, and I've read many of the journal entries from the trip. What I've seen, I have really enjoyed, and I thought some of you might enjoy it too. Quite an adventure, I imagine. A slow one, but that probably made the adventure much more life changing.

No comments: