Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Safe Within the Potter's Hands

Well, this week is turning out differently than I had imagined as I try to cram in about two weeks of work into 2.5 days. So, I have not been able to post the articles I had hoped to post. But, I was once again reminded of this poet that I like, and this poem was sent to me. Just thought I'd share it with all of you. I will see how tomorrow turns out. However, if it is a rush and I'm not able to write before heading north to visit my family, I would like to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. Hope each of you is able to take time away from the hustle and bustle to remember all of the blessings in your life for which to be thankful.

Safe Within The Potter's Hands

I'm aware of all the changes, taking place upon the wheel;

I know the potter's molding by all the chipping that I FEEL.

But even in the midst of shaping, He is there to bring me through;

His hands are ever sculpting, to change MY point of view.

I am humbled in the process as He molds this piece of clay;

He's drawing out the nuggets and bringing beauty out of pain.

He pulls me from the fire when I put my trust in Him;

He exalts me in due season and lets me breathe again!

Never once am I alone, upon the potters wheel;

I am safe within His hands ~ I'm being shaped to do His Will!

- Terese Holloway

No comments: