Thursday, November 13, 2008

Long Day In Lincoln

I've been awake since 3:30 a.m. this morning, and it is now 9:30 p.m. I just became settled back in at the hotel, and I am tired. That's T - I - R - E - D! And, I will be getting up early again tomorrow to head back to the company site before the 3rd shift employees get off work. It's been quite an interesting trip, and I've learned a lot. But, I am looking forward to going home tomorrow night.

Tonight, I was able to go to a late dinner with one of the staff members from the company I am visiting. And, I was able to see a little more of beautiful downtown Lincoln, NE. Now, I know that most of us, when thinking of vacation spots, don't think to ourselves, "Why don't we head to Lincoln?" But, after seeing some of the area, I think more people should consider that exact question.

It's beautiful at night. Very romantic with brick streets and old-fashioned lights. The buildings are full of rustic brick and decor to resemble times past. There are restaurants of every kind and coffee cafes, boutiques and pubs, offices and historic sites, candy shops and art houses, live music everywhere... Nothing I can say will do it justice. But, if you want to take a little trip to an interesting place and you have a special someone to help you explore, you should visit Lincoln and the Historic Haymarket District. I hope I can return when I have a lot more time.

While the pictures will not do justice for the area, you can read more about this area here and here.

No comments: