Thursday, November 20, 2008

More Signs of the Times

I haven't been able create some longer articles because of time restrictions. But, thankfully, this week's submission by Piano Man reminded me of some pictures that he sent me earlier this year that I failed to post. So, here they are. Thanks, Dad!

For fans of the song "King of the Road", here's a sign that is posted at a business between Edwardsville and Bunker Hill, IL.
Here's a funny duo also located just north of Edwardsville. I chuckle each time I see them.
I don't know where Dad spotted these, but I think they are located in central Illinois. They are very light, but the extremely subtle apostrophes are there. I don't know what was happening with the bottom sign. My brother thinks maybe the artist was trying to invent a new punctuation mark... something like the upside down semi-colon with a half twist.

No comments: